9.19.2005

Farewell Drew Speedie

Words cannot begin to express the shock and sadness I felt upon learning of the death of Drew Speedie and his young son Brent over the weekend. The circumstances of this tragic accident make it even more difficult to accept. Drew was one of the most likeable and talented developers I've every had the pleasure to know. He's been a 'guru' in the FoxPro community for as long as I can remember, and his innumerable contributions have helped me and so many other people to learn and become better at our craft. My sincerest condolences to his wife and extended family. Drew, we'll miss you, old friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rick, I met you once at the Milwaukee Whilfest a couple of times.

I still can't get over this. The circumstances of Drew's death were just too strange. We will miss him greatly. And for his son to die with him. Makes you ponder....well best with your endeavors,

Jim Hewitt